Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Learn N' Turn!



I just bought this product the other day and I love it already.  My son has been showing a lot of interest in using utensils.  If I forget to give him one, he demands mine.  So, now, I always make sure to include the necessary utensils with his table setting.  However, I noticed that it's very hard for him to get the angle correct with both the spoon and the fork.  The straight line of the utensils does not allow for him to use them with any sort of ease and he gets frustrated easily.  To solve the problem, I searched the internet.  Quickly, I found the Learn N'Turn.

The Learn N' Turn is a children's utensil that allows you to clip in a fork or spoon attachment that can change angles, so not only can it assist your child with using the utensil, but as they gain in their ability you can increase the challenge until they are able to use a typical utensil.  I love the idea.  It's just a great way to help a child be successful and encourage their development of skill, as well as interest to learn that skill.



My son still needs some help getting things on the fork.  Sometimes he gets confused between the action of spooning versus the action of forking (I need to create some practical life activities for the shelf so he can practice!).  Often, I help guide his hand with the fork so that he can get something on it.


He has no problem finding his mouth, though!

This device is a fantastic idea for toddlers!  I'm not completely thrilled that it's plastic, but it is at least BPA-free.  It comes in many different colors.  I was able to purchase mine on Amazon, but you can also buy it directly from LC Pals.  For replacement parts you have to go directly to Learn N' Turn's site.

Another step on the road to independence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment